LearningLand uses meal pattern guidelines from USDA. Sometimes changes are made to these menus simply because young children do not like the textures of some foods or not accustomed to foods that have not been introduced at home. We want your child to look forward to mealtimes and will make substitutions in the menu if certain items are not well accepted. Any changes in the menus will always be announced in advance.
Each child must apply for free or reduced lunch by completing the necessary form and returning it to the center during the initial parent conference. Information collected from this form is confidential.
This meal pattern applies to children 3-5 years of age
Breakfast must contain fruit, grain and milk.
- Monday - Fresh Bananas • 1/2 Waffle • Milk
- Tuesday - Fresh Orange Segments • 1/2 English Muffin • Milk
- Wednesday - Fruit Cocktail • 1/2 Biscuit • Milk
- Thursday - Fresh Strawberries • 1/2 Bagel • Milk
- Friday - Oatmeal • Fruit Cup • Milk
Lunch must contain 1 meat or meat alternate, 2 fruits or vegetables or one of each, and milk
- Monday - Chicken Noodle Soup • 1/2 Grilled Cheese Sandwich • Raw Broccoli w/ dip • Milk
- Tuesday - Fish Sticks w/ Fruity Dipping Sauce • Cole Slaw • Peaches • Milk
- Wednesday - Black Bean & Corn Quesadila on Soft Tortilla • Pear Slices • Milk
- Thursday - Spaghetti w/ Meat Sauce • Peas/Carrots • Garlic Bread • Milk
- Friday - Grilled Chicken Pita w/ Lettuce & Cheese • Baked Butternut Squash • Milk
Snack must be at least 2 of the following: 1 meat or meat alternate, 1 fruit or fruit juice, 1 vegetable or 1 milk
- Monday - Cheese Sticks or Fresh Pineapple Slices • Juice or Milk
- Tuesday - English Muffin Pizza w/ Cheese • Juice or Milk
- Wednesday - Celery or Pretzel w/ Peanut Butter • Juice or Milk
- Thursday - Yogurt Mixed Fuit Cup • Juice or Milk
- Friday - Blueberry Muffin or Apple Slices • Juice or Milk